Thursday, April 28, 2022

God Who Touchest Earth With Beauty

 


"Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me."
(Psalm 51:10)


Every Good And Perfect Gift
(2014)
Lori Pittenger
American artist
Image courtesy Lori Pittenger Fine Art 
 via Fine Art America



God, Who touchest earth with beauty,

Make my heart a-new;

With Thy spirit recreate me,

Pure, strong, and true.

Like Thy springs and running waters,

Make me crystal pure;

Like Thy rocks of towering grandeur

Make me strong and sure.

Like Thy dancing waves in the sunlight,

Make me glad and free;

Like the straightness of Thy pine trees

Make me upright be.

Like the arching of the heavens,

Lift my thoughts above;

Turn my dreams to noble action,

Ministries of love.

God, Who touchest earth with beauty,

Make my heart a-new;

Keep me ever, by Thy spirit,

Pure and strong and true.



"God Who Touchest Earth With Beauty"
(1925)
Mary Susannah Edgar
(1889-1973)
Canadian author and hymn writer





No comments:

Post a Comment