Wednesday, April 20, 2022

O Love Divine What Hast Thou Done!

 

"Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in His blood, to
declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past,
through the forbearance of God."
(Romans 3:24-25)



Hand In Hand
(2007)
Greg Olsen
Picture courtesy/Fine Art America


O Love divine, what hast Thou done!

The incarnate God hath died for me!

The Father's co-eternal Son

Bore all my sins upon the tree!

The Son of God for me hath died

My Lord, my Love, is crucified.

Is crucified for me and you,

To bring us rebels back to God:

Believe, believe the record true,

Ye all are bought with Jesus' blood:

Pardon for all flows from His side:

My Lord, my Love, is crucified.

Behold Him, all ye that pass by,

The bleeding Prince of life and peace!

Come, sinners, see your Savior die,

And say, was ever grief like His?

Come feel with me His blood applied:

My Lord, my Love, is crucified.

Amen.



"O Love Divine What Hast Thou Done!"
(1742)
Charles Wesley
(1707-1788)
Prolific English hymn writer who
during his lifetime wrote over 6,000 songs.



No comments:

Post a Comment