Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Every Hour I Need Thy Blessing

 


"O God, my heart is fixed; I will sing and give praise, even with my glory.
For Thy mercy is great above the heavens: and Thy truth reacheth unto the clouds.
Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man.  Through God we shall
 do valiantly: for He it is that shall tread down our enemies."
(Psalm 108:1,4,12, 13)


Image courtesy/Pinterest


Every hour I need Thy blessing,

Every moment need Thy care,

Lord, to Thee I come confessing,

All the sins that me ensnare.

Bless the thoughts that come each moment,

Make them true and pure and fair,

Like to Thine our great atonement,

Beautiful beyond compare.

Every hour I need Thy blessing,

Daily need Thy wondrous love,

Love so tender, so protecting,

Coming from Thy throne above.

For Thy loving care and blessing,

Make me thankful day by day,

By my walk and daily living,

Praising Christ the Living Way.

Every hour I need Thy blessing,

Every moment need Thy care,

Until Thou my soul possessing,

Shall reflect Thine image there.

Then to Christ the King of Glory,

He who bought me with great price,

I shall sing the old, old, story,

Christ my Lord, my sacrifice.


"Every Hour I Need Thy Blessing"
(1894)
Elizabeth Johnson Thompson
American hymn writer.
Wife of Will Lamartine Thompson
who composed the beloved classic song,
"Softly And Tenderly Jesus Is Calling"
(1880)




No comments:

Post a Comment