Sunday, December 31, 2023

A New Year's Eve Prayer: Lumps Of Clay, Vessels Of Glory

 


"We are, after all, like lumps of clay.  There are brittle pieces, hard pieces,
We have little shape or beauty.  But we need not despair.  If we are clay,
let us remember there is a Potter and His wheel...We have only to be yielded,
that is, willing, surrendered, and He will do the rest.  He will make us according
to the pattern for which, in His love, He designed us. 

And it will be good-for our own good-and for His glory."*



Potter's Hands
Inspirational Artwork
 By Melani Pyke
Image courtesy/Pinterest




Have Thine own way, Lord!  Have Thine own way!

Thou art the Potter;  I am the clay.

Mold me and make me   After Thy will

While I am waiting,  Yielded and still.


Have Thine own way, Lord,  Have Thine own way!

Search me and try me, Master, today!

Whiter than snow, Lord,  Wash me just now,

As in Thy presence, Humbly I bow.


Have Thine own way, Lord!  Have Thine own way!

Wounded and weary, Help me, I pray!

Power, all power,  Surely is Thine!

Touch me and heal me,  Savior divine!


Have Thine own way, Lord!  Have Thine own way!

Hold o'er my being Absolute sway!

Fill with Thy Spirit,  Till all shall see Christ only,

always, Living in me!

Amen.



"Have Thine Own Way"
(1906)
Adelaide Addison Pollard
(1862-1934)
American teacher, hymn writer,
  and missionary to Africa.


*An excerpt from the sermon,
"Disciples In Clay"
Reverend Peter Marshall Sr.
(1902-1949)
Scottish-American Presbyterian preacher
 and twice-appointed Chaplain of the United States Senate




No comments:

Post a Comment