Friday, December 22, 2023

Flashback Friday: The Little Drummer Boy



 "What can I give Him, poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
If I were a wise man, I would do my part;
Yet what can I give Him?
Give Him my heart."
-Christina Rossetti

One of the best memories of my childhood was watching the
story of "The Little Drummer Boy" on television at Christmastime.
Like Linus' re-telling of the Nativity story in "A Charlie Brown Christmas"
 the gift of the heartbroken Aaron playing his drum for the Baby Jesus
 in the manger always makes me tear up. I think it is sad that they
no longer air these classic Christmas cartoons on network television.

"The Little Drummer Boy" was the number one Christmas song
 in America this week in December, 1964.



The Little Drummer Boy
(1964)
The Harry Simeone Choral



No comments:

Post a Comment