Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Wednesday's Word: Have Faith In God, My Heart

 


"Now faith is the assurance, (the confirmation, the title deed) of
the things we hope for, being proof of things we do not see and the
conviction of their reality (faith perceiving as real fact) what is
not revealed to the senses."
(Hebrews 11:1)


Cardinals In Winter
(2021)
Margaret Abate
Image courtesy/Fine Art America



Have faith in God, my heart. 

Trust and be unafraid;

God will fulfill in every part

Each promise He has made.

Have faith in God, my mind,

Though oft thy light burns low;

God's mercy holds a wiser plan

Than thou canst fully know.

Have faith in God, my soul,

His cross forever stands;

And neither life nor death can pluck

His children from His hands.

Lord Jesus, make me whole;

Grant me no resting place,

Until I rest, mind, heart, and soul,

The captive of Thy grace.



"Have Faith In God, My Heart"
Bryn Austin Rees
(1911-1983)
English clergyman, RAF chaplain
and hymn writer




No comments:

Post a Comment