Friday, March 15, 2024

God's Assurance Gives Us Endurance

 




"Consider well the path of your feet, and let all your ways
be established and ordered aright."
(Proverbs 4:26)



Image courtesy/Better Homes and Gardens



My blessings are so many,

my troubles are so few,

How can I be discouraged when

I know that I have You?

And I have the sweet assurance

that there's nothing I need fear

If I but keep remembering 

I am Yours and You are near.

Help me to endure the storms that

keep raging deep inside me,

And make me more aware each

day that no evil can betide me.

If I remain undaunted though

the billows sweep and roll,

Knowing I have Your assurance,

there's a haven for my soul,

For anything and everything

can somehow be endured

If Your presence is beside me

and lovingly assured.



"God's Assurance Gives Us Endurance"
Helen Steiner Rice
(1900-1981)
American Christian poetess




No comments:

Post a Comment