Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Master, Speak! Thy Servant Heareth

 




"Let be and be still, and know, recognize and understand,
that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! 
I will be exalted in the earth!"

(Psalm 46:10)





Girl In A Meadow
(1905)
William Page Atkinson Wells
(1872-1923)
Scottish painter




Master, speak! Thy servant heareth,

Waiting for Thy gracious word,

Longing for Thy voice that cheereth;

Master! let it now be heard.

I am listening Lord, for Thee;

What hast Thou to say to me?


Speak to me by name, O Master,

Let me know it is for me;

Speak, that I may follow faster,

With a step more firm and free,

Where the Shepherd leads the flock,

In the shadow of the rock.


Master, speak! Tho' least and lowest,

Let me not unheard depart;

Master, speak! For O, Thou knowest

All the yearning of my heart,

Knowest all its truest need:

Speak! and make me blest indeed.


Master, speak! and make me ready,

When Thy voice is truly heard,

With obedience glad and steady

Still to follow every word.

I am listening Lord, for Thee:

Master, speak! O, speak to me!

Amen



"Master Speak!  Thy Servant Heareth"
(1867)
Frances Ridley Havergal
(1836-1879)
English Christian poetess
and hymn writer




Master Speak! Thy Servant Heareth
Lor
BEKOFI Creative Hub
(2021)






No comments:

Post a Comment