Sunday, June 27, 2021

Draw Thou My Soul O Christ

 

"Vindicate me, O Lord, for I have walked in my integrity;
I have expectantly trusted in, leaned on, and relied on the Lord
without wavering and I shall not slide."
Psalm 26:1


Black-Eyed Susans Field
Photograph courtesy of Wallpaper Abyss/Alpha Coders




Draw thou my soul, O Christ,

 Closer to Thine;

Breathe into every wish, 

Thy will divine!

Raise my low self above,  

Won by Thy deathless love;

Ever, O Christ, through mine, 

Let Thy life shine.


Lead forth my soul, O Christ,

 One with Thine own,

Joyful to follow Thee, 

 Through paths unknown!

In Thee my strength renew; 

 Give me my work to do!

Through me Thy truth be shown,

  Thy love made known.


Not for myself alone,

  May my prayer be;

Lift Thou Thy world, 

 O Christ, Closer to Thee!

Cleanse it from guilt and wrong; 

 Teach it salvation's song,

Till earth, as heaven, fulfill,

  God's holy will.

Amen




"Draw Thou My Soul O Christ"
(1892)
Lucy Larcom
(1824-1893)
American hymn writer




No comments:

Post a Comment