Friday, June 25, 2021

Flashback Friday: Theme From "A Summer Place" Percy Faith And His Orchestra

 

Today would have been the 61st anniversary of my
 parents' marriage.  My mother told me that while she
and Dad were dating, the beautiful theme from the 1959 movie,
"A Summer Place" was one of the most popular songs playing on 
the radio and was still at the top of the charts on their wedding day
 June 25, 1960.  It was their song.



"There's A Summer Place

Where it may rain or storm

Yet I'm safe and warm,

For within, that summer place

Your arms reach out to me

And my heart is free

From all care

For it knows

There are no gloomy skies

When seen through the eyes

Of those who are blessed with love.

And the sweet secret of

A Summer Place

It that's it's anywhere

When two people share

All their hopes

All their dreams

All their love.

There's a Summer Place

Where it may rain or storm

Yet I'm safe and warm,

In your arms, In your arms,

In you arms, In your arms."


Theme from "A Summer Place"
(1959)
Percy Faith and His Orchestra
Lyrics by Mack Discant
Composed by Max Steiner


No comments:

Post a Comment