Saturday, March 12, 2022

Beneath The Cross Of Jesus

 

Beneath the cross of Jesus

I fain would take my stand,

The shadow of a mighty rock

Within a weary land;


A home within the wilderness,

A rest upon the way,

From the burning of the noontide heat,

And the burden of the day.


The Crucifixion Of Jesus
Spencer Williams
Painting courtesy/Spencer Williams Jesus Paintings And Wildlife Art



I take O cross, thy shadow

For my abiding place;

I ask no other sunshine

Than the sunshine of His face;


Content to let the world go by,

To know no gain or loss,

My sinful self my only shame,

My glory all the cross.



"Beneath The Cross Of Jesus"
(1868)
Elizabeth Cecelia Douglas Clephane
(1830-1869)
Scottish-born hymn writer
Known as "The Sunbeam" of Melrose, Scotland
due to her many charitable works.




No comments:

Post a Comment