Saturday, March 12, 2022

I've Been Wandering In The Greenwoods

 


"I've been wandering in the greenwoods,

And 'mid flowery, smiling plains;

I've been listening to the dark floods,

To the thrush's thrilling strains.

I have gathered the pale primrose,

And the purple violet sweet;

I've been where the asphodel grows,

And where lives the red deer fleet.



Springtime Of Life
(1871)
Jean Baptiste Camille Corot
(1796-1875)
French landscape and portrait painter




I've been to the distant mountain,

To the silver singing rill,

By the crystal murmuring fountain,

And the shady, verdant hill.

I've been where the poplar is springing

From the fair enamelled ground,

Where the nightingale is singing

With a solemn, plaintive sound.


"I've Been Wandering In The Greenwoods"
(1829)
Charlotte Bronte
(1816-1855)
English writer and poetess
Author of the classic novel,
"Jane Eyre"





No comments:

Post a Comment