Tuesday, August 1, 2023

A Song For August

 

Blessed, happy, fortunate, to be envied is he who has forgiveness
of his transgression continually exercised upon him, whose sin is covered.

Blessed, happy, fortunate, to be envied is the man to whom the Lord
 imputes no iniquity and in whose spirit there is no deceit.

When I kept silence before I confessed, my bones wasted away
 through my groaning all day long.

For day and night Your hand of displeasure was heavy upon me;
my moisture was turned into the drought of summer.

Selah, pause, and calmly think of that!


* Sangre de Cristos Crestone Peak and Wildflowers in Colorado
(August 2014)
Photograph courtesy/Lynn Cyrus/Cascade Colors/Pixels



I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I did not hide.
I said, I will confess my transgressions to the Lord, continually
unfolding the past until all is told-then You instantly forgave
me the guilt and iniquity of my sin.

Selah, pause, and calmly think of that!

For this forgiveness let everyone who is godly pray-
pray to You in a time when You may be found; surely,
when the great waters of trial overflow, they shall not
reach the spirit of him.

You are a hiding place for me;  You, Lord, preserve me from trouble,
You surround me with songs and shouts of deliverance.

Selah, pause and calmly think of that!

The Lord will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go,
I will counsel you with My eye upon you.

Be not like the horse or the mule, which lacks understanding,
which must have their mouths held firm with bit and bridle,
or else they will not come with you.

Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but he who trusts in,
relies on, and confidently leans on the Lord shall be compassed
about with mercy and loving-kindness.

Be glad in the Lord  and rejoice, you uncompromisingly righteous,
you who are upright and in right standing with Him; shout for joy,
all you upright in heart.

(PSALM 32)

A reflective song of David



CORRESPONDING NEW TESTAMENT VERSE:


"Thus David congratulates the man and pronounces a blessing
on him to whom God credits righteousness apart from the works he does:

Blessed and happy and to be envied are those whose iniquities are forgiven
and whose sins are covered up and completely buried.

Blessed and happy and to be envied is the person of whose sin 
 the Lord will take no account nor reckon it against him."

(ROMANS 4: 6-8)


* Sangre de Cristos means "Blood of Christ" in Spanish




No comments:

Post a Comment