Friday, August 11, 2023

Christ Whose Glory Fills The Skies

 

"But unto you who revere and worshipfully fear My name
shall the Sun of Righteousness arise with healing in His wings
and His beams, and you shall go forth and gambol like calves
released from the stall and leap for joy."
(Malachi 4:2)


Just Another Jersey Sunrise
(2016)
Courtesy/ Richard Lewis Photography



Christ, whose glory fills the skies,

Christ, the true, the only Light,

Sun of Righteousness, arise,

Triumph o'er the shades of night;

Dayspring from on high, be near;

Day-star in my heart appear.

Dark and cheerless is the morn

Unaccompanied by Thee;

Joyless is the day's return

Till Thy mercy's beams I see,

Till they inward light impart,

Glad my eyes, and warm my heart.

Visit then this soul of mine,

Pierce the gloom of sin and grief;

Fill me, Radiancy divine,

Scatter all my unbelief;

More and more Thyself display,

Shining to the perfect day.



"Christ Whose Glory Fills The Skies"
(1740)
Charles Wesley
(1707-1788)
English leader of the Methodist Movement
and prolific hymn writer who wrote over
6,500 hymns during his lifetime.




No comments:

Post a Comment