Saturday, September 3, 2016

Labor Day Weekend 2016 Storm Watch



United States Commemorative Stamp
honoring Labor Day
released on September 3, 1956
Camden, New Jersey




Labor Day weekend in the United States,
 is an official holiday saluting the
working man and woman,
 a time for barbecues and beach parties,
and for happy memories as
summer vacation ends, and
many children head back to school,
while their older brothers and sisters
leave home to live on a college campus, or
 venture out into the working world for the first time.

Here on the East Coast, residents are
playing a "wait and see" game as the season's
first major hurricane, now downgraded to a 
tropical storm, makes her way northward
after making landfall near St. Mark's,
a town on the Gulf Coast of Florida
early Friday morning
September 2, 2016




 Hurricane Hermine is the first tropical storm
to hit the state of Florida in 11 years, where her high
winds and rain battered the state's Gulf Coast region.
 Now a tropical storm, in the past 24 hours, she has dumped a
deluge of rain across Georgia and the Carolinas.






Please keep the people caught in the path
of this unpredictable storm in your prayers!


“Thou art with me.”
 Psalm 23:4


 "When the storms of life are raging,
Stand by me (stand by me);
When the storms of life are raging,
Stand by me (stand by me);
When the world is tossing me
Like a ship upon the sea
Thou Who rulest wind and water,
Stand by me (stand by me)."
-Charles Tindley
(1905)


Walking on the Water 
 Julius Sergius von Kleve

No comments:

Post a Comment