Wednesday, May 17, 2017

I Can Make A Difference



"They who go forth bearing seed
and weeping at the needing of their 
precious supply of grain for sowing
shall doubtless come again with rejoicing,
bringing their sheaves with them."
Psalm 126:6





An illustration from,
"The Little Picture Hymn Book"
By Cecily Mary Barker




I can make a difference
When I allow the Lord to guide,
For He has plans for me to serve
With dignity and pride.


I may seem insignificant
Yet I have powers God instilled,
So that I could make a difference
In the work that He has willed.


Although my efforts may seem small
And may never bring me fame,
God will know I did my best
And that I did it in His name.


If I can help alleviate
Someone's hunger, someone's pain,
Then my endeavors will restore
Someone's faith in God again.


For God does hear and answer prayers,
His love gives countenance,
To help me serve, He leads the way
So that I can make a difference.
-Patience Allison Hartbauer







"A Sheaf of Grain"
Franz Marc



Sowing in the morning, sowing seeds of kindness,
Sowing in the noontide and the dewy eve;
Waiting for the harvest, and the time of reaping,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves!



"Bringing In The Sheaves"
Lyrics by Knowles Shaw
(1874)






No comments:

Post a Comment