Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Softly Now The Light Of Day






Softly now the light of day
Fades upon my sight away;
Free from care, from labor free,
Lord, I would commune with Thee.

Thou whose all pervading eye
Naught escapes, without, within,
Pardon each infirmity, 
Open fault and secret sin.

Soon, for me, the light of day
Shall forever pass away;
Then from sin and sorrow free,
Take me, Lord, to dwell with Thee.
George Washington Doane




Sunset at Scott's Bluff National Monument
Nebraska








Upward where the stars are burning,
Silent, silent in their turning
Round the never changing pole;
Upward where the sky is brightest,
Upward where the blue is lightest,
Lift I now my longing soul.

Round the throne of God are ringing
Voices sweet in worship singing
"Holy, Holy, Holy Lord"
Love and praise in fullest measure,
Heavenly riches, earthly treasure,
Let us bring with one accord.
Horatius  Bonar









"The heavens declare the glory of God"
  in the Badlands National Park
 South Dakota


No comments:

Post a Comment