Thursday, May 18, 2017

Walk By Faith Not By Sight







The heat is on.
And I am not just talking about the
sudden rise in the temperature outside this week.

Do you feel as if you have a bad case of
sunburn every time you turn on the
television news?

Does your soul feel blistered 
trying to determine who is really telling
the truth and who is lying through their teeth?


For those who are reading this blog today, my
greatest encouragement for you is to remember
that as believers in and followers of Christ, we
must be determine to walk by faith, not by sight.






A Proclamation from the Word of God



"Incline my heart to Your testimonies
and not to covetousness.
Turn away my eyes from beholding
vanity, idols and idolatry, and 
restore me to vigorous life and health
in Your ways.

Establish Your word and confirm Your promise
to Your servant, which is for those who reverently fear
and devotedly worship You.
Turn away my reproach which I fear and dread,
for Your ordinances are good.
Behold, I long for Your precepts;
in Your righteousness give me renewed life.


Let Your mercy and loving-kindness come
also to me, O Lord, even Your salvation
according to Your promise;

Then shall I have an answer for those
who taunt and reproach me, for I lean on,
rely on, and trust in Your Word".

Psalm 119:36-42







No comments:

Post a Comment