Monday, October 30, 2017

Our Mighty Shield







Psalm 35
A psalm of David

Contend, O Lord, with those 
who contend with me; fight
against those who fight against me!
Take hold of shield and buckler,
and stand up for my help!
Draw out also the spear and javelin
and close up the way of those who
pursue and persecute me. Say to me, 
I am your deliverance!
Let them be put to shame and dishonor
who seek and require my life;
let them be turned back and confounded
who plan my hurt!
Let them be as chaff before the wind,
with the Angel of the Lord driving them on!
Let their way be through dark and slippery places,
with the Angel of the Lord pursuing and afflicting them.
For without cause they hid for me their net;
a pit of destruction without cause they dug for my life.
Let destruction befall my foe unawares;
let the net he hid for me catch him;
let him fall into that very destruction.
Then I shall be joyful in the Lord;
I shall rejoice in His deliverance.
All my bones shall say, Lord, who
is like You, You Who deliver the poor and
afflicted from him who is too strong for him,
yes, the poor and the needy from him who
snatches away his goods?
Malicious and unrighteous witnesses rise up;
they ask me of things I know not.
They reward me evil for good to my
personal bereavement.
But as for me, when they were sick,
my clothing was sackcloth; I afflicted myself
with fasting; and I prayed with head 
bowed on my breast.
I behaved as if grieving for my friend
or my brother; I bowed down in sorrow,
as one who bewails his mother.
But in my stumbling and limping they 
rejoiced and gathered together against me;
the smiters (slanderers and revilers)
gathered against me, and I knew them not;
they ceased not to slander and revile me.
Like profane mockers at feasts, making sport
for the price of a cake, they gnashed 
at me with their teeth.
Lord, how long will You look on without
action? Rescue my life from their destructions,
my dear and only life from the lions!
I will give You thanks in the great assembly;
I will praise You among a mighty throng.
Let not those who are wrongfully my foes
rejoice over me; neither let them wink with
one eye who hate me without cause.
For they do not speak peace, but,
they devise deceitful matters against
those who are quiet in the land.
Yes, they open their mouths wide against me;
they say, Aha! Aha! Our eyes have seen it!
You have seen this, O Lord; keep not silence!
O Lord, be not far from me!
Arouse Yourself, awake to the justice due me,
even to my cause, my God and Lord!
Judge and vindicate me, O Lord my God,
according to Your righteousness, Your rightness
and justice; and let my foes not rejoice over me!
Let them not say in their hearts, Aha, that is
what we wanted! Let him not say,
We have swallowed him up and utterly destroyed him.
Let them be put to shame, and confusion
together who rejoice at my calamity!
Let them be clothed with shame and dishonor
who magnify and exalt themselves over me!
Let those who favor my righteous cause
and have pleasure in my uprightness shout for joy
and be glad and say continually, Let the Lord be
magnified, Who takes pleasure in the
  prosperity of His servant.
And my tongue shall talk of Your righteousness,
rightness, and justice, and of my reasons for
Your praise all day long.





Thank You Dear Lord for redeeming the
lives of Your faithful servants with Your
great love and abundant mercy.



Jehovah Nissi
The Lord Our Banner




No comments:

Post a Comment