Friday, January 19, 2018

January Poems & Praise




Little Bird


Little bird, you bring such joy
In your flight across the sky
As you are ever a reminder
Of our Almighty God on high.

For in your constant presence
It's the Holy Spirit we see
Who, with outstretched wings,
Guides us to our destiny.

Eva Marie Ippolito


Winter Birds
Sam Timm



Look To Your Heart

If you feel you have nothing
Of value to give
During these difficult
Times that you live...

Don't surrender your spirit
Because if you do,
You'll forfeit contentment
Allotted to you...

Contentment comes
When you know at the start
You're enriching your soul
As you give of the heart.

Somebody is waiting
For someone like you
To brighten their day
Through a kind deed or two.

It need cost you nothing
In dollars and cents,
Yet think of the rare gift
You'll humbly present.

And only God knows
The graces you'll gain,
While a deep sense of giving
In your heart shall remain.

Catherine Janssen Irwin



Quail In The Wintry Woods
Sam Timm



Whispering Heart

My heart whispers a solemn prayer
For all who've lost their way;
May they find a different path
And seek God's love each day.

May my prayers provide a bridge
Between the dark and light,
And in their hearts always walk
Most humbly in His sight.

They've found a special closeness
From which they'll never part,
And ever after listen to
The whispers of the heart.

Angie Monnens



Country Afternoon Whitetail
Sam Timm




The Lullaby

Jesus whispers to me a lullaby
And He sings me fast to sleep.
I hear Him in my dreams
After I pray my soul to keep.

It starts with a low hum
Barely audible to my ears;
A rhythm of the ancients
I am the only one who hears.

I hear His soft, sweet song
Lulling me to sleep.
I am at rest, I am at peace
Because I know my soul He keeps.

Susie Hutton


Beautiful Night
Sam Timm















No comments:

Post a Comment