Friday, March 19, 2021

A Prayer Of Guidance For Today

 

It is because of the Lord's mercy and loving-kindness
that we are not consumed; because His tender compassions
fail not. They are new every morning; great and abundant
is Your stability and faithfulness.

The Lord is my portion or share, says my inner self;
therefore will I hope in Him and wait expectantly for Him.

The Lord is good to those who wait hopefully and
expectantly for Him, to those who seek Him, inquire of
and for Him, and require Him by right of necessity
and on the authority of God's word."

Lamentations 3:22-25


Sunrise at Manasquan New Jersey



Jesus kneel beside me

In the dawn of the day;

Thine is prayer eternal-

Teach me how to pray!

Master, work beside me

In the shining sun;

Gently guide Thy servant

Till the work be done.

Saviour, watch beside me

In the closing light;

Lo, the evening cometh-

Watch with me this night!

Birds are winging homeward

Sun and shadow cease;

Saviour, take my spirit

To Thy perfect peace.

Amen




"Jesus Kneel Beside Me"
(1907)
Allen Eastman Cross
(1864-1942)
American hymn writer
and ordained minister

Music accompaniment by
Sabine Baring-Gould
(1834-1924)
English clergyman, archaeologist,
writer, and hymnist 



No comments:

Post a Comment