Saturday, March 27, 2021

Awake My Soul And With The Sun



"Let everything with breath praise the Lord.
Praise ye the Lord!"

Psalm 150:6


East  Coast Sunrise/Jersey Shore
Photograph by Bob Cuthbert


Awake my soul and with the sun

Thy daily stage of duty run;

Shake off my dull sloth,

and joyful rise,

To pay Thy morning sacrifice!

Lord, I my vows to Thee renew

Disperse my sins as morning dew;

Guard my first springs of thought and will,

And with Thyself my spirit fill.

Direct, control, suggest this day

All I design or do or say,

That all my powers with all their might,

In Thy sole glory may unite.


Praise God, from whom all blessings flow;

Praise Him, all creatures here below;

Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;

Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Amen




"Awake My Soul And With The Sun"
Thomas Ken
(1637-1711)
English cleric and one of the
fathers of modern hymnody



No comments:

Post a Comment