Friday, August 26, 2022

Reading The Past: What's So Special About The City Of London Historically?


*"Twenty bridges from Tower to Kew
Wanted to know what the River knew;
Twenty Bridges or twenty-two,
For they were young, and the Thames was old
And this is the tale that River told.

I walk my beat before London Town.
Five hours up and seven down.
Up I go till I end my run
At Tide-end-Town,
which is Teddington."


Big Ben
Westminster, London, England
Image courtesy/Wikipedia


An armchair traveler's tour of the city of London compliments 
of the gracious host of "Reading The Past" Dr. Katrina Marchant.

Thank you Dr. Kat for this fascinating look at the historical
significance of one of the world's greatest cities!


What's So Special About The City Of London Historically?
Reading The Past
(August 26, 2022)




*"The River's Tale"
(1911)
-Rudyard Kipling
(1865-1936)
English novelist and poet




No comments:

Post a Comment