Sunday, April 1, 2018

First Sunday Meditation: "He is not here. He has risen."






"I have set the Lord continually before me;
because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.
Therefore my heart is glad and my glory, my inner self, rejoices;
my body too shall rest and confidently dwell in safety.
For You will not abandon me to Sheol, the place of the dead,
neither will You suffer Your Holy One to see corruption.
You will show me the path of life; in Your presence
is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore.
Psalm 16:8-11



"Constantly keep in mind Jesus Christ the Messiah as risen from
the dead, as the prophesied King, descended from David,
according to the good news, the Gospel, that I preach."
2 Timothy 2:8





The Empty Tomb



Easter day breaks!
Christ rises! Mercy every way is infinite-
Earth breaks up; time drops away;
In flows heaven with its new day
Of endless life-
What is left for us save in growth
Of soul to rise up...
From the gift looking to the giver,
And from the cistern to the river,
And from the finite to infinity,
And from man's dust to God's divinity.



"Rest Remaineth"
Robert Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment