Friday, April 27, 2018

Spring Offering





It may indeed be only phantasy

That I essay to draw from all created things

Deep, heartfelt, inward joy that closely clings

And find in leaves and flowers that round me lie

Lessons of love and earnest piety.



Bluebells on Holwell Lawn
Dartmoor, England



So let it be,-and though the whole world rings

In mock of this belief; to me it brings

Nor fear, nor grief, nor vain perplexity.

So will I rear my alter in the fields

And the blue sky my fretted dome shall be;



The stunning springtime landscape of Dartmoor National Park, Devon, England



And the sweet fragrance that the wild flower yields

Shall be incense that I offer thee-

Thee, only God, Thou will not despise

Even me, the priest of this poor sacrifice.



"Dousland, Dartmoor, Devon"
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
English Poet
(1772-1834)



No comments:

Post a Comment