Saturday, September 8, 2018

The Lost Ones: National Day Of Remembrance For Aborted Children




Today marks the sixth year observance of the
National Day Of Remembrance For Aborted Children.
First held in 2013,  hundreds of memorials were held
across America. This year there will be 184 memorial
services to remember the thousands upon thousands of
precious little children lost to abortion in this nation.







The following poem was written by a man named
Ryan, and submitted to a public poem website:


"My ex-girlfriend decided to have an abortion.
I did not want this to happen. 
  I wrote a poem to express my feelings
to say sorry and to tell my baby that I care." 

It's so hard for me to try and find the right words to say.
I'm sorry we never got the chance to meet,
the chance to see your tiny body and hold your tiny feet.
I have an image of you in my mind,
your gorgeous smile,
your beautiful eyes.
a picture,
an image,
something I'll never let go.
Every Christmas,
every birthday,
I'll do nothing but wish you were here,
right by my side.
A boy or a girl I'll never know,
this love I have for you,
I'll never be able to show.
You'll always be daddy's special one and mummy's too
and we want you to know we'll always love you.
I wrote you this poem to show I care,
this pain,
this hurt I cannot bare.
It's time to sleep now my little baby,
one day,
some day,
I'll be able to hold you tight and give you that proper kiss goodnight.
Goodnight Sweetheart
Love you always...






"Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in
Your book all the days of my life were written before
they ever took shape, when as yet there were none of them."
Psalm 139: 16


 Remembrance Poem written by Ryan
Courtesy of LiveAction.org



No comments:

Post a Comment