Saturday, June 30, 2018

The Song of The Greater Knapweed Fairy





Oh please, little children, take note of my name:

To call me a thistle is really a shame:

I'm harmless old Knapweed, who grows on the chalk,

I never will prick you when out for your walk.

Yet, I should be sorry, yes, sorry indeed,

To cut your small fingers and call them to bleed;

So bid me Good Morning when out for your walk,

And mind how you pull at my very tough stalk.


(Sometimes this Knapweed is called Hardhead; and he has
a little brother, little Knapweed, whose flower is not quite like this.-CMB)


The Greater Knapweed Fairy
Cecily Mary Barker





Greater Knapweed, also called Centaurea scabiosa,
 is a wildflower found in Great Britain and Ireland.



"The Song Of The Greater Knapweed Fairy"
Cecily Mary Barker
(1895-1973)
English artist and poetess



No comments:

Post a Comment