Thursday, June 21, 2018

Stand True Stand Strong





SOME BEAUTIFUL WORDS OF HOPE AND ENCOURAGEMENT
FOR WORLD-WEARY SOULS



Summer Wildflowers




PSALM FIVE

A Psalm of David


Listen to my words, O Lord, 
give heed to my sighing and groaning.

Hear the sound of my cry, my King and my God,
for to You do I pray.

In the morning You hear my voice, O Lord;
in the morning I prepare a prayer for You and watch
and wait for You to speak to my heart.

For You are not a God Who takes pleasure in wickedness;
neither will the evil man so much as dwell temporarily with You.

Boasters can have no standing in Your sight; You abhor all evildoers.

You will destroy those who speak lies; the Lord abhors and rejects
the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.

But as for me, I will enter Your house through the abundance of
Your steadfast love and mercy; I will worship toward and at Your
holy temple in reverent fear and awe of You.

Lead me, O Lord, in Your righteousness because of my
enemies; make Your way level straight and right before my face.

For there is nothing trustworthy or steadfast or truthful in their talk;
their heart is destruction, their throat is an open sepulcher; they flatter
and make smooth with their tongue.

Hold them guilty, O God; let them fall by their own designs and
counsels; cast them out because of the multitude of their transgressions,
for they have rebelled against You.

But let all those who take refuge and put their trust in You rejoice;
let them sing and shout for joy, because You make a covering over
them and defend them; let those also who love Your name be
joyful in You and in high spirits.

For You, Lord, will bless the uncompromisingly righteous; as
with a shield You will surround them with goodwill,  pleasure, and favor.



No comments:

Post a Comment