Monday, August 13, 2018

Just Another Rainy Day




It seems we've been locked in a holding pattern in my area 
of the country for weeks now...nothing but days of rain, Rain, and still more RAIN!
I think this may well turn out to be one of the wettest summers on record!
 And speaking of records...






Days like this bring to mind songs from my growing up years
which I find myself singing occasionally as I go about my work,
 while listening to the rhythm of the latest gullywasher hitting the roof!



Rhythm Of The Falling Rain
The Cascades
(1962)





Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head
B.J. Thomas
(1969)






Who'll Stop The Rain?
Creedence Clearwater Revival
(1970)






Rainy Days And Mondays
The Carpenters
(1971)





Laughter In The Rain
Neil Sedaka
(1974)




Smokey Mountain Rain
Ronnie Milsap
(1980)




I Love A Rainy Night
Eddie Rabbitt
(1980)




Crying In The Rain
Crystal Gayle
(1981)




No comments:

Post a Comment