Friday, August 3, 2018

Looking Upward This Month



"Lift up your eyes on high and see!
Who created these?  He Who brings out their host
by number and calls them all by name; through the
greatness of His might and because He is strong
in power, not one is missing or lacks anything."
Isaiah 40:26



Much anticipated by skywatchers, the 2018 Perseid Meteor Shower
will reach it's peak this month on Monday August 13th.


The Perseid Meteor Shower
(2016) 


The heavens invite mine eye,
The stars salute me round;
Father, I blush, I mourn to lie
Thus groveling on the ground.
My warmer spirits move,
And make attempts to fly;
I wish aloud for wings of love
To raise me swift and high.

Beyond those crystal vaults,
And all their sparkling balls;
They're but the porches to Thy courts,
And paintings of Thy walls.

Vain world, farewell to you;
Heaven is my native air;
I bid my friends a short adieu,
Impatient to be there.

I feel my powers released
From their old fleshy clod;
Fair guardian, bear me up in haste,
And set me near my God.


Shabbat Shalom Eretz Israel!
Sabbath Blessings To All!




Sabbath Song
Zemer Levav




"The Heavens Invite Mine Eye"
(1709)
 Issac Watts
(1674-1748)



No comments:

Post a Comment