Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Free At Last




My heart was so filled with joy and praise this morning when I learned
that my dear sister in Christ, Asia Bibi has finally been set free
from a Pakistani prison after several long years of awaiting her fate.



Asia Bibi and her two daughters


Charged with blasphemy after allegedly insulting the prophet Mohammad,
Asia had been sent to prison and later sentenced to death by hanging.
  However, before a packed courtroom this morning,
Pakistan's  Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar announced the long 
awaited verdict and acquitted her. God is so good and faithful
to those who love and honor His name.


"Where could I go from Your Spirit? Or where could I flee
from Your presence? If I ascend up into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol, the place of the dead, behold You are there.
If I take the wings of the morning or dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
Even there shall Your hand lead me and Your right hand shall hold me."
Psalm 139:7-10


Although her husband and family are overjoyed that Asia is now free, she has been
moved to an undisclosed location to protect her from violence as well as
death threats from Islamist extremists angry over her release.   

According to a report from the Christian Broadcasting Network,
the chairman of the British Pakistani Christians Association Wilson Chowdhry
claimed, "Clearly she will need asylum in a western country where she can
live out the remainder of her days in peace.  These charges have been proven
false time and again and it is time for her to return home to her family."
According to an Italian newspaper, La Stampa, instead of being 
bitter towards her persecutors, Asia declared, "I forgive my persecutors,
those who have falsely accused me, and I await their forgiveness.
I do not hate those who did me wrong."

Please pray for Asia Bibi and her family, that they will soon find
a new and better home in the West.  Pray also for our brothers
and sisters in the Lord who remain behind in Pakistan, and for all of
God's children who live and often suffer in countries which are hostile 
to the message of the Gospel and to believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.




Map Key: Red = Extreme Persecution, Gold = Severe Persecution, Green = Moderate Persecution
Blue = Sparse Persecution.  Map via opendoorsusa.org






As Long As I Breathe
Zemer Levav
(2007)




No comments:

Post a Comment