Sunday, October 14, 2018

Second Sunday Meditation: His Love Has Lifted Me





"I have been crucified with Christ,
in Him I have shared His crucifixion.
It is no longer I who live, but Christ the Messiah
lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live
by faith in the Son of God, Who loved me and gave
Himself up for me."
Galatians 2:20


"When Jesus spoke to the woman at the well (John 4:1-26)
she raised one question after another as if that were really her problem.
It would have been very easy for the Lord to call her bluff with some
castigating words. Instead, like a gentle and nimble-handed goldsmith,
He rubbed away the markings of sin and pain in her life until she was amazed
at how much true gold He brought out in her. He gave her hope, knowing
all along who she was on the inside. Jesus was clear:
The value of the person is an essential part of the message.
-Ravi Zacharias



"Let Him In"
Greg Oleson




"MORE MYSELF"


Christianity isn't a narcotic that dulls you into obedience.
It involves battle-it's excruciating to give up control.
But that is why we must not feel despair if we are struggling.
To struggle does not mean we are incorrigible. It means we are alive!

A disciple says, "I hear You, Lord. It is the nuttiest thing I ever heard of.
It's risky. I'll look like a fool, but I'll do it. Because my life is no longer
committed to doing my thing but Your thing."

Heaven will not be filled with innocent people running around saying,
"Oh, was there another way? I guess I never noticed."
Rather they will say, "You bet there were other options that begged
to control me. By God's grace and my struggle, Jesus is my Lord."

Is Jesus' desire to be the Lord of our lives some little fetish of His?
Why is it so important to Him? Why should we want Him to have control
of our lives? Besides the fact that He deserves it because of Who He is,
He knows He is the only One in the universe Who can control us
without destroying us. No one will ever love you like Jesus.
No one will ever know you better, care more for your wholeness.

The last breath Jesus breathed on this planet was for you.
He is not intimidated by past failures, broken promises or wounds.
He will make sense out of your brokenness.
But He can only begin to be the Lord of your life today, not
next Monday or next month, but now.

And the great and joyful paradox is that while He totally transforms us,
He makes us more ourselves than ever before.



Yeshua
Zemer Levav



"More Myself"
Rebecca Manley Pippert
1949-
American writer and founder of
Becky Pippert Ministries



No comments:

Post a Comment