Monday, July 10, 2017

Clothed In Righteousness





"As for me, I will continue beholding
Your face in righteousness;
I shall be fully satisfied, when I awake
to find myself beholding Your form
and having sweet communion
with You."
Psalm 17:15






White As Snow
Greg Olsen




What beautiful words,
what a beautiful expectation-
the expectation of every true believer,
one that extends beyond the end of time
and out into eternity.


 We shall fall asleep in death,
but one day we shall awake
and when we awake we
will be satisfied with
the likeness of the Lord.

Awaking, clothed in His righteousness,
putting on His likeness
and beholding His face.


 I just rejoice in that phrase,
"I will be satisfied."
I don't believe there's anything else
that can fully satisfy the human heart
but God Himself.

At this time in this life
we have contact with God.
We know Him, we serve Him,
we do His will.

 But there are gaps 
in the revelation, there's a veil
in between, we are still
creatures of flesh..

Our ideas and concepts
are so limited and inadequate
to apprehend God,
but there's going to be a day
when we wake in His righteousness,
not in our own,
clothed with His righteousness,
faultless to stand before His throne,
to see Him face to face.
And then we will be satisfied.

Nothing else can take the place of that.
That's the end of all living.
It all ends in God Himself.


Derek Prince
(1915-2003)





No comments:

Post a Comment