Sunday, July 9, 2017

Second Sunday Meditation








Field of Poppies
By Russian Painter Igor Levashov



Vindicate me, O Lord, for I have walked
in my integrity; I have expectantly trusted in,
leaned on, and relied on the Lord without wavering
and I shall not slide.

Examine me, O Lord, and prove me;
test my heart and my mind.
For Your loving-kindness is before my eyes,
and I have walked in Your truth faithfully.

I do not sit with false persons, nor
fellowship with pretenders;
I hate the company of evildoers
and will not sit with the wicked.

I will wash my hands in innocence,
and go about Your altar, O Lord.
That I may make the voice of thanksgiving
heard and may tell of all Your wondrous works.
Lord, I love the habitation of Your house,
and the place where Your glory dwells.

Gather me not with sinners and sweep me
not away with them, nor my life with bloodthirsty men,
In whose hands is wickedness, and their right
hands are full of bribes.

But as for me, I will walk in my integrity;
redeem me and be merciful and gracious to me.
My foot stands on an even place;
in the congregations will I bless the Lord.
Psalm 26




Girl with Basket/White Dress/Poppy Field
By Spanish Painter Vincente Romero






No comments:

Post a Comment