Sunday, July 16, 2017

What I Live For



"I have strength for all things in
Christ Who empowers me; I am
self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency."
Philippians 4:13




Adoration
David Bowman






I live for those who love me,
Whose hearts are kind and true;
For the Heaven that smiles above me,
And awaits my spirit too;

For all the human ties that bind me,
For the task by God assigned me,
For the bright hopes yet to find me,
And the good that I can do.

I live to learn their story
Who suffered for my sake;
To emulate their glory,
And follow in their wake;
Bards, patriots, martyrs, sages,
The heroic of the ages,
Whose deeds crowd History's pages,
And Time's great volume make.



The Crucified Christ
Peter Paul Reubens
(17th Century)


I live to hold communion
With all that is divine,
To feel there is a union
'Twixt Nature's heart and mine,
To profit by affliction,
Reap truth from fields of fiction,
Grow wiser from conviction,
And fulfill God's grand design.


I live to hail that season
By gifted ones foretold,
When men shall live by reason,
And not alone by gold;
When man to man united,
And every wrong thing righted,
The whole world shall be lighted
As Eden of old.

I live for those who love me,
For those who know me true,
For the Heaven that smiles above me,
And awaits my spirit too;
For the cause that lacks assistance,
For the wrong that needs resistance,
For the future in the distance,
And the good I can do."

George Linnaeus Banks
(1821-1881)



Yeshua setting a hurting woman free from
anxiety and depression

No comments:

Post a Comment