Sunday, July 16, 2017

Third Sunday Meditation




"The God Who produced and formed the world
and all things in it, being Lord of heaven and earth,
does not dwell in handmade shrines.
Neither is He served by human hands,
as though He lacked anything,
for it is Himself Who gives life and breath
and all things to all people."
Acts 17:24-25




Jetty Sunrise
Cape May, New Jersey
Chuck Robinson Photography







"Thus says the Lord:  Heaven is My throne
and the earth is My footstool. 
What kind of house would you build for Me?
And what can be My resting place?

For all these things My hand has made,
and all these things have come into being
by and for Me, says the Lord.



 Little Girl picking flowers in a South Jersey meadow



But this is the man to whom I will look
and have regard: he who is humble and of a
broken or wounded spirit, and who trembles at 
My word and reveres My commands.

The acts of the hypocrite's worship are abominable
to God as if they were offered to idols.
He who kills an ox then will be guilty as if he
slew and sacrificed a man; he who sacrifices a
lamb or a kid, as if he broke a dog's neck
and sacrificed him; who offers a cereal offering,
as he offered swine's blood; he who burns
incense to God, as if he blessed an idol.
Such people have chosen their own ways,
and they delight in their abominations.

So I also will choose their delusions and mockings,
their calamities and afflictions, and I will bring
their fears upon  them-because when I called,
no one answered; when I spoke, they did not listen
or obey. But they did what was evil in My sight
and chose that in which I did not delight.

Hear the word of the Lord, you who tremble
at His word; Your brethren who hate you, who
cast you out for My name's sake, have said,
Let the Lord be glorified, that we may see your joy!
But it is they who shall be put to shame.
Isaiah 66:1-5






"God is a Spirit and those who worship Him
must worship Him in spirit and in truth."
John 4:24




Sunset on the Delaware Bay at the
historic East Point Lighthouse
Heiserlerville, Cumberland County, New Jersey





No comments:

Post a Comment