Monday, July 10, 2017

Forget Me Not






The sweet 
forget-me-nots
that grow for happy lovers.
Alfred Lord Tennyson




Forget-Me- Nots
Anne Cotterill









When to the flowers so beautiful
The Father gave a name,
Back came a little blue-eyed one
All timidly it came;
And standing at its Father's feet,
And gazing in His face.
It said, in low and trembling tones;
"Dear God, the name Thou gavest me,
Alas! I have forgot."
Kindly the Father looked him down
And said: "Forget Me not."
Author Unknown






Dainty Blue Delight
Forget-Me-Nots






So small, so blue
In grassy places
My flowers raise
Their tiny faces.
By streams my 
bigger sisters grow
And smile in gardens
in a row.
I've never seen
a garden plot;
But thou I'm small
Forget-Me-Not!
Song of the Forget-Me-Not Fairy
By Cicely Mary Barker







  The Forget-Me-Not-Fairy
Cecily Mary Barker







Where do fairy babies lie
Till they're old enough to fly?
Here's a likely place I think
Mid' these flowers blue and pink.
Pink for girls and blue for boys
Pretty things for babies' toys!
Let us peep now, gently. Why,
Fairy baby, here you lie!

Kicking there with no one by,
Baby dear, how good you lie!
All alone, but, O, you're not-
You could never be- forgot!
Oh, how glad I am I've found you
With Forget-Me-Nots around you
Blue the colour of the sky
Fairy baby, Hushabye!



Forget-Me-Not Fairy Baby
Cecily Mary Barker





No comments:

Post a Comment