Wednesday, June 21, 2017

The Blue Bells Of Scotland





A field of beautiful Blue Bells
Ballachulish Scotland




O where, and O where is Your Highland laddie gone?
O where, and O where is your Highland laddie gone?
He's gone to fight the foe for King George upon the throne;
And its oh! in my heart; I wish him safe at home!

O where, and O where, does your Highland laddie dwell?
O where, and O where, does your Highland laddie dwell?
He dwelt in merry Scotland at the sign of the Blue Bell;
And it's oh! my heart; I love my laddie well.

Suppose, and suppose that your Highland laddie should die?
Suppose, and suppose that your Highland laddie should die?
The bagpipes shall play o'er him, and I'd lay me down and cry;
But it's oh! in my heart, I wish he may not die.

"The Blue Bells of Scotland"
A Scottish folk song based on the poetry
 of  Annie McVicar Grant








While doing some research for
this post I discovered that there
  is more than one version of this song. 

 Here is a wonderful rendition of
"The Blue Bells Of Scotland"  
 by Scottish folk group The Corries.










No comments:

Post a Comment